Water Pump Repair Kit Essentials
Water pump repair is something that anyone who works on their own car will eventually have to do. This type of repair could get messy, complicated and frustrating, especially if you don’t have all the right tools. If you want to keep the job as smooth and worry-free as possible, you’ll need some water pump repair kit essentials.
- Water Pump Kit. Most times, people choose to replace the entire water pump. If you choose to rebuild the water pump instead, you’ll definitely need the kit. Most kits include the gaskets, bearings, backplate, pump impeller and the shaft and other hardware. It all depends on what type of pump you have and the model of the vehicle it’s being installed on.
- Drain pan. Because there’s nothing more annoying than spilling coolant all over the driveway or garage floor. A drain pan can catch most of this fluid, keeping your work area dry and mess-free.
- Gasket scraper. The old gasket may have been on there ever since the car rolled out of the factory, so it will be hard to remove. A gasket scrapper makes the job of removing the old gasket much easier.
- Wire brush. Handy for removing old gunk and cleaning off surfaces before applying gasket sealer.
- Gasket sealer. A must have in your water pump repair kit. Gasket sealers prevent leakage and are non-hardening and slow-drying for easy disassembly.
- Hose clamps. Chances are your old hose clamps may be either worn or broken. Having new hose clamps on hand can save you a lot of aggravation.