Safety experts recommend that water ski participants learn how to wear a water ski belt properly. Water skiing is a popular outdoor sport and fitness activity that provides a sense of adventure and freedom. As with any physical activity, there are inherent risks and dangers associated with participation. One of the highest risk factors is drowning. A way to minimize the risk of drowning is by wearing a water ski belt. Water ski belts help the skier protect themselves against potential falls in the event of an error or mishap.
To wear a water ski belt properly you will need:
- Measuring tape
- Water ski belt
- Measure your waist size. In order to wear a water ski belt properly, the user should determine the size of their waist. Taking a simple waist measurement will indicate what size the water ski belt needs to be.
- Match your waist size up with the corresponding water ski belt size. Water ski belts come in a variety of sizes, ranging from small to extra large. Ensuring a proper fit is relatively simple by following corresponding waist size guidelines. For example, an individual with a waist size between 30 and 34 inches should select a medium-sized water ski belt.
- Securely tighten and fasten the belt around the waist. When a water ski belt is worn properly, it should allow enough freedom and flexibility for movement. A water ski belt is worn around the waist and cushions an individual's mid-section. While the belt should allow for movement, it should also be snug enough so that it stays put.
Tips and warnings:
- For comprehensive safety purposes, it is recommended that a personal flotation device be worn in addition to a ski belt.
- It is important to note that a water ski belt is not an U.S. Coast Guard approved safety device. A water ski belt can help protect skiers in the event of a hard fall, but in order to prevent drowning, a life vest is recommended. That said, there are states that require that water skiers wear a water ski belt whenever they go out on the water.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.