Web Shopping: 10 Tips
Shopping can be a drag but you can make it easier by doing it on line and considering these web shopping ten tips. What guy doesn’t appreciate a little help with shopping? These ideas might not make you a shopping wizard, but they’ll certainly make your life, and your web shopping experience, easier.
- Buy from reliable sites. This sounds like a no-brainer, but unreliable sites can look just as professional and trustworthy as reliable sites. Before you buy from your new discovery, check out their rating with the Better Business Bureau and scam reporting sites to be sure there are no complaints about it.
- Buy from secure sites. Secure sites will display a padlock icon, usually during the checkout process. This tells you the site encrypts your financial information so thieves can’t intercept it during transmission.
- Use a rewards program. There are a number of programs that give you money back when you shop at specific sites on the web. Check to see if your credit card provides this, or do a search for cash back programs.
- Pay with a single use credit card number. Many credit card companies issue single use numbers. Using one of these helps prevent fraud.
- Compare before buying. There are a number of sites that will search multiple stores for the item you want. They then list the price of the item at all the stores so you can pick the best deal.
- Check for discounts. Before you buy, do a search with the name of your item plus “coupon code” or “discount.” You might find a coupon that will save you money.
- Read reviews. An advantage of web shopping is that you can easily read reviews of an item before you buy it. You can save yourself some grief by seeing what other buyers have to say.
- Look for web specials. Some sites offer specials that are available only to web shoppers. Look for a link on the first page of the site.
- Shop sales. You can save money by shopping sales, especially during holidays and special events. With web shopping, there’s no need to spend extra time and energy going from store to store, the information is available with a few clicks.
- Check the site’s return policy. Even though you’re a careful shopper, sometimes you need to return an item you bought. Look at the site’s return policy before buying so you’ll know what you’ll face if that happens.