There are many weird facts about the human body. The human body is an amazing machine. Some of these weird facts about the human body still baffle scientists to this day.
- The human eye blinks on average every two-to-ten seconds. This means out of a 24-hour day, 30 minutes of it is spent with our eyes closed when you are actually awake.
- The average body gives off between one and two pints of sweat a day. This means that every year, the average person produces enough sweat to fill a standard sized bathtub.
- Blood travels in the human body through 60,000 miles of blood vessels, from the heart and back, in less than 60 seconds.
- The majority of the bones in the human body are in the hands and feet. There are 206 bones in the human body, more than half of them are contained in the hands and feet.
- In the human body cells die and are replaced at a mind-blowing rate. While you are reading this sentence 50,000 of the cells in your body have died and been replaced by new ones.
- Humans produce an incredible amount of saliva. In the average human's lifetime, they will produce enough spit to fill a standard-sized swimming pool.
- The stomach acid produced in the human body is incredibly strong. The hydrochloric acid produced in the human stomach is strong enough to burn a hole through a rug.
- The length of a human's foot is almost always the same as the length between their wrist and the inside of their elbow.
- The tongue is the only muscle in the human body that is not attached on both ends. The tongue also is the strongest muscle in the human body.
- As far as scientist know, human beings are the only animals that shed tears out of distress.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert ...
14 Movies You Must See in 2014
The cinematic calendar promises sex addicts, sexy vampires, sexy co-eds, Sundance splashes and artfully concocted big-budget fare.