Want to know how to make West Indian stewed chicken budget style? Read on for easy instructions on how to make this meal. This recipe can easily be made with ingredients you already have in your kitchen, or they are sold at reasonable prices at your local supermarket. This is sure to be a hit amongst family and friends and will have everyone asking for more.
To make West Indian stewed chicken, you will need:
- 1 medium 4 lb chicken or bag of chicken parts
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp finely chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 whole green pepper chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ can mixed vegetables (optional)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- ½ cup canned coconut milk (optional)
- To begin West Indian stew chicken budget style, Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet or frying pan. Add onion, green pepper, sugar, and garlic and heat until it is a syrup consistency.
- In a bowl, clean, cut up chicken and season to your liking. Add chicken to skillet and brown on both sides for five to eight minutes.
- Pour in one cup of water, coconut milk, mixed vegetables, and pepper flakes. Cover, and cook over medium heat for ten minutes.
- Stir in the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and butter. Continue cooking West Indian stew chicken for 30 to 45 minutes until it is tender.
- Taste West Indian stew chicken, and add one teaspoon salt, or more pepper flakes if you wish. Serve West Indian stew chicken with white rice, rice and beans, and a vegetable of your choice.
- Enjoy your West Indian stew chicken budget style!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …