Graduating is an exciting milestone and commemorating the occasion can force you to ask yourself, "What are 5 good songs to play at a graduation?". Songs are a great way to express emotions and feelings during life milestones and here are 5 good songs to play at a graduation. Graduation happens every year and each one is important and special to the individual achieving such an accomplishment. When choosing the perfect song to represent your graduation experience choose one that will stick with the memory.
- "Graduation (Friends Forever)" by Vitamin C. "Graduation (Friends Forever)" has been a staple song at graduations since its release in 2000. The up beat pop song is a good song to play at any type of graduation and the song is fitting for the occasion. The lyrics represent the changing time between friends but no matter what to always remember the friendship that was while at the same time looking ahead.
- "Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson. Written by Avril Lavigne who did not think it would fit into her second album, she passed "Breakaway" along to Kelly Clarkson. Kelly released the song as a single in 2004 and has become the anthem to many graduations since then. The song is exactly about what the title implies, breaking away from the old and embracing the new. The chorus explains the feeling of graduation, "I'll spread my wings and I'l learn how to fly, though it's not easy to tell you goodbye. I gotta take a risk, take a chance, make a change, and breakaway."
- "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" by Greenday. Released in 1997 off Green Day's "Nimrod" album, this was Greenday's first attempt at a rock ballad. The lyrics represent figuring out which direction to take your life in and never looking back with regret. At the end of the song lead singer Billie Joe Armstrong repeats the lyrics, "It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right. I hope you had the time of your life". Graduation should be a time to reflect with friends over the good times had and "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" is the perfect song to listen to while doing this.
- "Memories" by Elvis Presley. An artist that never goes out of style is the King of Rock 'n' Roll Elvis. His song "Memories" may have a slower more subdue tone then these other songs but the message represents holding onto good memories in a beautiful manner. Hold onto the simple and pleasant memories obtained with friends and family and try to not let any memories pass you by.
- "Whenever You Remember" by Carrie Underwood. Country star Carrie Underwood never released "Whenever You Remember" as a single but that has not stopped graduates from using it as a theme song to their graduation. The song is off Underwood's multi-platinum debut album "Some Hearts" which spent fifty-eight weeks on the Billboard chart. "Whenever You Remember" represents friendship and being able to look upon memories fondly. Lyrics that can resinate with graduates are, "When you look back on times we had I hope you smile and know that through the good and through the bad I was on your side when nobody could hold us down."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.