If you are wondering what are natural treatment of trichomoniasis, you will be glad to know that there are indeed natural methods of controlling this sexually transmitted disease (STD). Trichomoniasis, caused by the parasite Trichomonas vaginalis, causes burning during urination, itching and discharge in men. Some men can also develop secondary infections as a result of trichomoniasis. It can be difficult to diagnose in men, but is generally treated with Flagyl, a prescription medication; however, some cases of trichomoniasis have now become resistant to this drug. For those who prefer natural remedies, there are several from which to choose.
- Try oral probiotics. Probiotics are food or supplements that contain healthy bacteria which normally live in the body. These bacteria block the growth of harmful ones and may be helpful in treating a variety of infections. They work very much like natural antibiotics.
- Herbalists often recommend garlic tablets for natural treatment of trichomoniasis. Garlic has antibiotic properties and has been used against worms and other parasites.
- Boost the immune system with echinacea for natural treatment of trichomoniasis. This herb also provides antibacterial and antimicrobial properties to aid in the fight against infections of all kinds.
- Apply Vitamin E and A oil topically as a natural treatment of trichomoniasis. These are thought to help in healing from this STD and are frequently recommended by naturopaths for natural treatment of trichomoniasis.
- Lavender and peppermint essential oils may work as a natural treatment of trichomoniasis. Though few studies have been done, anecdotal evidence suggests that essential oils, many of which have impressive antimicrobial action, may be helpful in the treatment of trichomoniasis.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.