What To Bring To Disney World
The excitement is building and it is time to decide what to bring to Disney World. Disney World is huge and you probably will not be able to see it all in one trip. Plan what you would like to see the most and pace yourself so you and your family are not totally exhausted.
Things you will need to bring to Disney World:
- Luggage or duffel bag
- You will need your driver's license and proof of car insurance if you plan on renting a vehicle. Money, traveler’s checks, credit cards, health card, airplane tickets, and park admission tickets need to be kept in a safe place. You may want to bring a fanny pack to Disney World for carrying some of your ID and valuables. Put the airline reservation number for your return trip in your cell phone before you leave home.
- In addition to your toiletries, take plenty of sunscreen and lip balm with sunscreen. Pack your medications, glasses, contact lenses, and sunglasses with a strap.
- You will definitely be doing plenty of walking at Disney World. You will need extra socks and two pairs of comfortable walking shoes that are broken in so you do not get blisters. Sandals and flip-flops are good for the hotel, pool, and other venues.
- It is very hot and humid in the summer months at Disney World so lightweight, casual clothes are needed. Hats, visors, and a hand-held fan with a mister will help keep you cool. An umbrella and a rain poncho will allow you to stay dry if it rains.
- In the winter months, you may need a lightweight jacket and pants instead of shorts. It can get cold in the winter. You will need evening clothes if you go out in the evening.
- It is much easier to carry the cameras, camcorders, disposable cameras, batteries, chargers, data cable, film, and tapes in a camera bag or backpack. If you take your laptop and cell phone you will need to take along the chargers for them.
- A few non-essentials that are very useful are a flashlight, moleskin for blisters, insect repellent, wet wipes, and band-aides.
- Playing cards, magazines, electronics games, snacks, and bottled water will provide some quiet time after a day at Disney World.