It’s important to know what to buy for your first apartment. Otherwise, the first week or two can be really difficult. For most, money is tight when moving into their first apartment, but there are some necessities that have to be purchased ahead of time.
- Furniture and Appliances These are some of the biggest purchases involved in moving into your first apartment. However, you may or may not need to make these purchases. Many apartments come with major appliances, such as your refrigerator, stove, and microwave. You’ll need to know in advance what comes with the apartment. Some may also come furnished, or partially furnished. If not, you need to make sure you get the basic essentials. These include a bed, dresser, nightstand, couch, dining table and chairs, coffee table, television stand, and a desk. These are just some basic furnishings that you may or may not decide you need. You also must consider how you’re going to wash your laundry. There may be laundry facilities in the building, or there may be washer and dryer hookups in your new apartment.
- Lighting When moving into your first apartment, lighting is something that can be easily overlooked. You might only need to purchase light bulbs to go into the preexisting light fixtures, or you might have to purchase the light fixtures as well. You want to make sure you have at least one light source for every room, if not more. You might also want to purchase a flashlight while you’re shopping, in case of power failure, or failure to pay your power bill.
- Dishes and Cooking Supplies There are numerous types of dishes and cooking supplies you’ll need for your first apartment. You will need plates, bowls, glasses, forks, knives, spoons, pots, pans, trays, a strainer, and a ladle. These are some of the basics, and you may want additional cooking supplies, like stoneware for your pizza or mugs for your morning coffee.
- Cleaning Supplies You will probably want to give your first apartment a good cleaning before you officially move in. You should get a good all-purpose cleaner to clean counters, sinks, floors, and other surfaces in the house. You will also need a rag, or paper towels. You should also get dish soap and a sponge to clean those dishes. You’ll also need clothes detergent, toilet bowl cleaner, and a vacuum cleaner or mop, depending on the types of flooring in your first apartment.
- Bathroom Supplies You’ll definitely need toilet paper for your first day in your new apartment, so make sure not to forget that. You’ll also want a toilet plunger, toilet scrub brush, floor mats and a shower curtain. And don’t forget the essential towels to dry yourself off.
- Decorations Again, when moving into your first apartment, you may not have lots of extra money to throw around. But a little touch here and there can make all the difference in the world. A small picture on the wall, framed pictures of your family or friends, a rug on the floor, or some decorative throw pillows can really add some personality to your first apartment. If your apartment doesn’t come equipped with blinds or curtains, you will definitely want to purchase some for privacy and insulation.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."