Looking for information on what campers need when camping in a rain forest? Being able to camp in the rain forest is a once in a life time opportunity that you will remember for the rest of your life, but you need to ensure that you are prepared for the trip. Due to the amount of rain that falls in the rain forest, campers should expect warm and very humid conditions and need to pack accordingly.
When campers are camping in a rain forest, they need to bring:
- A passport
- Insect Repellant
- Cooking Equipment
- Passport. If you are camping in a rain forest, it is likely that you will be leaving the country for this wonderful experience. You will need your passport to enter the country that you are camping in and you'll need it again to get back into your home country. Be sure to keep your passport in a dry and secure place while you are camping in the rain forest.
- Toiletries. Remember, you are camping in the rain forest, so there won't be a convenience store around the corner where you can pick up any toiletries that you forgot. You'll need to bring toothpaste, a toothbrush, deodorant, soap, shampoo, toilet paper, and a hair brush with you. If you decide to go hiking, it is also a good idea to have a high SPF sun screen with you, as well.
- Clothing. As previously mentioned, it is warm and humid in the rain forest, so pack accordingly. You should consider bringing only light weight t-shirts, shorts and pants, although you will also want a thin rain jacket or poncho. You will probably be doing a lot of walking, so while you can bring sandals, a breathable pair of comfortable walking shoes is highly recommended when camping in a rain forest.
- Insect Repellant. You are camping in the middle of a rain forest, so you have to be prepared to deal with the insects that you will face. Campers should always bring insect repellant and anti-itch insect spray with them when camping in a rain forest. Insect repellant is not 100% effective, so you need to be prepared in the event that you do get bit by an insect.
- Medication. If you are on any prescription medication, it is very important that you remember to pack it if you are going to camp in a rain forest. You should bring any over the counter medication that you would typically take during the week. Just in case, packing a first aid kit is a smart idea, too.
- Tent. Any old tent should be good for camping in the rain forest. However, you should make sure that the tent has a rain guard. Once the rain has slowed down, always remember to open the tent up to allow for air flow, otherwise condensation from the tent will form inside of the tent and your belongings will get moist. Of course, you will also need something to sleep in while in the tent. When purchasing a sleeping bag, look for a waterproof one.
- Cooking Equipment. There are no restaurants in the middle of the rain forest, so you will need to bring cooking equipment with you. Standard cast iron pots and pans will be fine for cooking in the rain forest. You should bring a lighter with you, because finding dry sticks to start a fire with will not be easy. Depending on what food and beverage items you bring with you, bringing a cooler or two isn't a bad idea.
- Animals and insects alike are very active during the evening and night hours in the rain forest. Use extreme caution during those hours and try to plan all of your activities during the day.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.