What To Cook For Camping
What are the best foods to cook for camping? Camping is fun and adventurous. When you are outdoors, you use a ton of energy and you need food to keep you going. Make sure you bring easy foods to cook to revitalize you and give you the energy you need to survive.
- Pancake mix Pancake batter is easy to whip up and cooks quickly. Pancakes are a must to cook for camping at breakfast.
- Fresh fish If you want fresh fish, wake up early and catch your breakfast. Fresh fish is a delicious breakfast food and a great source of protein.
- Bacon Bacon is one of the easiest foods to cook for camping at breakfast. Frozen bacon should last two days in a cooler with ice. Bacon is a good source of protein and it tastes great. The grease can be saved to cook other meals.
- Coffee Coffee is an important drink for campers. To some, it is the equivalent to breakfast. Coffee is part of this list because (to many) coffee is one of the best things to have while camping. On a camping trip, it is best to bring instant coffee.
Canned stews and soups Canned goods are easy meals for camping at lunchtime. If you have delicious canned goods at your disposal, you can cook up a quick, delicious lunch at your camp. Simply open the cans, pour the contents into a pan, heat up and eat. Canned stews and soups are excellent foods to cook for camping. There is no need to stop your camping fun to cook a large meal at lunchtime.
- MREs MREs are foods prepared by the United States armed sources. MREs are full meals that are both easy to open and eat. You can set your MRE on the camp stove to warm it up. You can buy MREs at an army surplus store.
- Hamburgers and hot dogs Hamburgers and hot dogs are traditional foods to cook while camping because they're easy to prepare and cook up quickly on the camp stove. Freeze the meat before your trip, leave it in a cooler full of ice and your meat will stay good for two days. Adults and children alike love hamburgers and hot dogs while on a family camping trip. Make sure you bring buns and condiments to give more flavor to the meat.
- Marshmallows Roasted marshmallows are the best after dinner food while camping. Find a stick and place a marshmallow on the end of it. Place the marshmallow about six inches over the flames of your campfire. The marshmallow will melt into a perfect delicious treat.
- Graham crackers and chocolate Roasted marshmallows, melted chocolate and graham crackers (combined) make a delicious dessert--s’mores! S’mores are made by roasting marshmallows, melting chocolate and placing them between two graham crackers. This is a must to cook at your camp. Everybody will love s’mores and will want more.
Cooking the right foods when you camp is important. You can follow this list or you can come up with some of your own ideas and make cooking at camp a family tradition.