Now that living green is so popular many people are wondering just what to do with Champagne corks. Fortunately, there are many ways to put corks to use once the bottle of bubbly is gone. Corks are great for crafting and creating easy projects. This article will show you a few creative things that you can do with your old corks.
- Recycle it. If you don't know what to do with champagne corks, opt to do what many have done, Recycle them! Corks are recyclable. They can be recycled into floor boards, crafting materials and even insulation. Use the internet to search for recycling centers in your area who specialize in recycling corks.
- Create a pin holder. If you need a place to store your sewing pins, a cork can make for an effective pin holder. They can be used over and over again without wearing out. It's a great item to use to keep up with those tiny sewing pins and needles.
- Make garden mulch. Champagne corks make great garden mulch. Just grind up a few corks in a food processor and place it in your plant bed. Corks are excellent at maintaining moisture, which makes them suitable mulching product.
- Craft a stamp. You can easily turn your used champagne corks into stamps. Carve out your desired design on one end of the cork and dip it in ink. The grooves in the cork will hold the ink in place so that you get a bold stamping.
- Make a fishing bobber. Using corks to make fishing bobbers is something many people use to do. Corks work just as well as store-bought fishing bobbers. Simply string the cork onto the fishing line, throw it into the water and wait for your fish!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.