What To Make For Christmas Dinner
If you are wondering what to make for Christmas dinner, you are not alone. Whether you are trying to impress the in-laws or just having a few close friends over, you want to lay out the traditional dishes that say “Christmas is here”. Here are the recipes for a traditional Christmas Dinner.
1. Roasted Turkey – A must for anyone wondering what to make for Christmas dinner.
- ¼ C. Butter
- 1 T. Paprika
- Thaw turkey 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator
- Wash turkey with cold water, pat dry.
- Place turkey in roasting pan, breast side up. Place butter on top of turkey. Pat into place.
- Sprinkle turkey breast with paprika.
- Cover with foil
- Cook in oven at 325 degrees.
- Allow 30 minutes for each pound of turkey. Remove foil for last 30 minutes to brown the turkey.
- Allow meat to rest 15 minutes before carving.
2. Baked Spiral Ham – For those who do not care for turkey, this is a delicious main course for Christmas dinner.
- 1 Spiral sliced ham
- 1 – 2 C. Water
- Glaze (optional)
- In roasting pan, place ham largest surface down.
- Add 1 to 2 C. Water
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- If glazing ham remove ham juices and add glaze 5 to 10 minutes before end.
- With ham juices, make gravy if desired
3. Mashed Potatoes
- 8 potatoes (or one for each guest)
- 2 T. Butter
- ½ C. Sour cream
- ½ C. Milk
- Peel and cube potatoes. Cover with water. Boil for 15 minutes.
- Add butter, sour cream, milk, salt and pepper to taste.
- Mash all ingredients together until smooth.
4. Green Bean Casserole – A contemporary dish to add to the list of what to make for Christmas dinner.
- 2- 12oz cans lake- cut green beans
- 1 large can French fried onions
- 1-12oz can cream of celery soup
- 1 ½ C. milk
- In casserole dish mix together soup and milk. Mix until smooth.
- Drain liquid from green beans and add to soup mixture.
- Add ½ can of French fried onions to green beans and stir.
- Bake casserole at 350 degrees or until mixture is bubbling.
- Remove casserole from oven. Top with remainder of French fried onions.
- Return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve.
5. Cranberry Salad – To complete your list of What To Make For Christmas Dinner
- 2- 12oz packages lemon Jell-O
- 1 C. fresh cranberries
- 1 Apple
- 1 Orange
- 1 C. walnuts
- Prepare Jell-O as instructed on package.
- Pare and core apple.
- Coarse grind cranberries, orange, and apple.
- Finely chop walnuts. Add to fruit mixture.
- When Jell-O is almost completely set, add fruit and nuts, and stir into Jell-O.
- Return to refrigerator to finish setting.
- When cranberry salad has set up, serve.
Enjoy your Christmas dinner with family and friends.