Have you ever wondered what not to wear to a wedding? Weddings take place in a variety of settings such as churches, beaches, back yards, parks, on a farm and at a town center. Keep in mind the season, geographic location and location of the ceremony. The location may dictate a more casual attire, but there are still clothing items that are not wedding attire. Below is listed some of the obvious choice's of what not to wear to a wedding. If after reading you are still in doubt, ask the bride and groom, or a trusted friend or family member.
- Sports shoes, sandals, or flip-flops Unless specified, sports shoes of any type, sandals or flip-flops should not be worn to any wedding.
- Tee shirts should not be worn to a wedding. The shirt is too casual for a wedding unless you will constantly wear a suit coat over the tee. Even if worn with a suit coat this would be best at an outdoor wedding.
- Don't be graphic - Any clothing item with a saying, caption, etc. should not be worn. Even designer insignia's on clothing should not be visible at a wedding.
- Another what not to wear to a wedding item is a Hawaiian shirt. The loud, colorful shirts are okay in a less formal setting.
- White pants are a seasonal item so consider the date of the wedding. Should you attend a winter wedding, choose dark colored pants.
If you keep these general rules in mind, your attire should be suitable for the next wedding you attend.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.