What To Pack For A Trip
Are you wondering what to pack for a trip? Some clothing items will be weather as well as season dependent. Consider your destination and reason for traveling when considering what to pack for a trip.
- Underwear. Enough underwear for a daily change is what you should pack for a trip. If you are flying, pack an extra pair of underwear in a carry on or briefcase so if your luggage is misdirected you will have clean underwear the next day until your luggage is sent to your destination.
- Socks. Pack enough socks for a pair a day even if you are going to wear sandals during the day. Evening hours at a restaurant may include a dress code that will not allow sandals to be worn.
- Shirts. If you will attend a business meeting or dine in a fancy restaurant while away, pack a long sleeve dress shirt. A casual shirt for each day is a basic element of what to pack for a trip.
- Pants/shorts. Pack one to two pairs of dress pants for fancy dining (or business meeting), also include enough jeans and/or casual pants to wear daily and/or shorts. Shorts are optional piece of clothing depending on the location and season of the trip.
- Pack shoes for a trip. One casual pair and one dress pair (if dining out or attending business functions). Sandals are should be packed for a trip to warmer areas.
- Toiletries in a separate case are a must. When considering what to pack for a trip, think of toiletries you use daily or every other day. Unless you are staying in a better hotel these items need to be packed or you will find yourself purchasing another item to use in its place while away.
- Pack recreational items for a trip. Golf clubs, tennis racket, books, boots, etc. can be packed into luggage or checked in separately depending on their size.
Posted on: Sep. 04, 2010