Trying to figure out what to say in a sympathy card can be difficult. But if you understand the proper messages to use when trying to formulate what to say in a sympathy card, the rest of the message can become easier to write. Understanding what to say in a sympathy card can help you to create a message that will make the recipient feel better about the crisis situation.
- "My thoughts are with you and your family." This is a good statement to start with when trying to determine what to say in a sympathy card. It offers condolences to the recipient and his family, while letting the recipient know that his situation is on your mind. It is a thoughtful yet direct statement.
- "Deepest sympathy in your time of crisis (loss)." Sometimes the best messages to use when trying to determine what to say in a sympathy card are simple statements that let the reader know you understand their situation and offer your support. Offering your deepest sympathies is an emphatic way of letting the recipient know that you are with them.
- "Heartfelt sympathy." When you are formulating what to say in a sympathy card, try to let the recipient know that you are speaking from the heart by using this statement. This statement gives a sense of emotion to the situation that helps the recipient feel as though you share her pain.
- "We offer our condolences." You will not have a strong tie to every person you sent a sympathy card to. This statement allows you to send a heartfelt sympathy message to someone that you do not know very well, but would like to offer some comfort at a time of loss or crisis.
- "Hoping you find comfort in good thoughts." Sometimes, a ray of sunshine in the form of good thoughts can be helpful to a grieving person. This message can hopefully offer the reader a chance to reflect on better times, and put aside the problems he is facing for a small moment.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."