What IS SEO Writing?
If you are new to Internet marketing or writing, you probably are asking yourself, what is SEO writing?. It is something key to pretty much anything dealing with the Internet. SEO is definitely something that you will need to be good at if you want to be successful in promoting your content online.
- SEO stands for search engine optimization. It is a way for you to market your website to rank well in search engines and bring traffic to your content. There are a variety of techniques you can use to make your website SEO friendly. SEO techniques include: keywords, link exchanges, relevant domain name, great content and regularly updated content.
- It's marketing your content writing to get targeted traffic. SEO is meant to attract visitors who are interested in your content. It is why people pay so much money to market their sites via PPC advertising. PPC advertising is paid to click marketing, and it can work very well if you choose the right keywords to use in your campaign.
- It's making your content rich with keywords that relate to your site. The more rich your content is with keywords, the more it will be favoured by web spiders which will lead to higher page rank. Usually, you want your writing to have at least one keyword phrase in the first sentence of introduction or title. After that you want at least four to six percent of your overall content to have sub keywords mixed into the pages themselves.
- It's about writing content that increases your popularity with search engines. To do this, your content needs to be original and always updated regularly. Search engines don't like content that is not updated at least once a week.
- SEO is a way to separate you from your competition. It is a great way for content writers to stand out above all other writers online. When people see that you know SEO, then they will take your writing seriously and will probably pay you for it.