What Should Be In My Wardrobe?
Have you taken a recent clothing inventory and wondered. "What should be in my wardrobe?" About half of your wardrobe should be dedicated to work attire. This will determine the amount of dressy clothes, jeans, dress shoes, boots and shoes you will need. The basic items will be detailed below, but you will need to adjust your wardrobe around your geographical location to determine exactly what should be in your wardrobe.
- Unless you work in an office, a few pairs of dress pants in black, gray and shades of brown are needed. Keep a few dress pants on hand for occasional use. If you work in an office setting you will need to accommodate the number of days you work weekly to determine the correct number of dress pants you use.
- At least one pair of dress shoes should be in your wardrobe. Although your lifestyle call for a casual style, there are times you will need to dress up.
- Casual and athletic shoes are staple items every man needs when considering what should be in his wardrobe. If your budget allows, try to keep a couple of pairs of casual shoes, a pair of dress boots, a pair of work boots (if needed) and a pair of athletic shoes for various occasions.
- Denim and shorts are necessary items in a man's wardrobe. Only you can determine the number of pairs of jeans you will use. Consider your job and life style to purchase the appropriate amount.
- Shirts both collared and non-collared should be in your wardrobe. Keep at least two to three dress shirts on hand, even if your lifestyle is casual. Keep a few collared casual shirts are for casual events. Non-collared shirts are great for around the house, yard work and for casual settings outside the home.
- Weather appropriate outerwear such as coats, sweaters and/or jackets should always be considered. Depending on where you reside, this could be limited to wind breakers and sweaters or a number of coats, sweaters and jackets. Outdoor boots may also be needed depending on where you reside.
- One suit jacket is always a good idea to keep on hand. The jacket can be paired down with jeans for casual wear or dressed up with dress pants for special occasions.
- Accessories such as belts and ties should be kept on hand. One to two of each is sufficient unless your job requires a tie to be worn.