What is slight chest pain in the center of the chest? While you may not know the cause of every pain you experience, here is the good news, not all chest pain is heart related. Chest pain is any discomfort or pain that goes from your neck to the top of your stomach. There are other organs in the center of your chest region, any one of them could cause pain in your chest, including your heart, lungs, esophagus, muscles, ribs, tendons, or nerves. Do not ever ignore chest pain- especially if it’s severe and comes on suddenly-go to the emergency room, It is better to err on the side of caution, do not assume it is something non-life threatening.
Here are some very common causes of chest pain
- Asthma- Shortness of breath, coughing and wheezing can be a symptom of asthma, not problems with your heart.
- Angina- Sometimes confused with a heart attack. Angina is chest pain caused by a lack of oxygen and blood getting to the heart.
- Pulmonary embolism- Chest pain caused by a blood clot in the lungs
- Pneumonia-Usually causes very sharp chest pains, the pain increases if as you breath deeply.
- Gastroesophageal reflux- heartburn or indigestion can mimic heart attack or chest pain.
- Stomach ulcer- Burning pain in the stomach, but feels like it could also be the chest region.
- Gallbladder pain-Excruciating pain that is in the stomach, but can sometimes be mistaken for chest region.
- Inflammation of the tendons- Inflammation of the muscles between the ribs causes chest pain.
- Anxiety- Anxiety induced stress can cause sharp sudden pains in the chest.
- Pleurisy- Pain caused by inflammation of the lung’s lining, coughing and deep breathing cause the pain to intensify.
- Shingles- Pain that is sharp and or tingling-radiating from the chest to the back region.
Do not take chest pain, regardless of how slight, for granted. The symptoms, and causes, listed above are only a few causes. See your physician or go to an emergency room if you are experiencing symptoms that are of concern to you- all chest pain should concern you. Pain is your body's way of alerting you to a problem, pay attention to your body.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert ...
What Makes Men Attractive to Women
What women want—confidence, a sense of humor and abs.