What Vitamins Are Good For Hair Growth
If you want longer and healthier hair, you may be wondering what vitamins are good for hair growth. Sometimes with a busy lifestyle, we don't get the vitamins we need to ensure that not only our health is kept in check but that we get the vitamins needed for other parts of our body such as healthy hair and nails. Here is a list of vitamins that are good for hair growth.
- Vitamin A. Vitamin A works as an antioxidant and helps make sebum for a healthy scalp. The only drawback is too much can cause loss of hair. 5,000 is the dosage recommended for an everyday amount.
- Vitamin E. Vitamin E works much the same way Vitamin A is by being an antioxidant. The difference is that Vitamin E helps with scalp circulation and a scalp that has good circulation is more optimal for hair growth.
- Niacin. This is another vitamin similar to vitamin E because it too helps with scalp circulation. 15 mg is the recommended daily dosage but it can be found in foods such as meat, wheat germ and fish.
- Vitamin C. This vitamin has a plethora of good benefits to help out your body, including hair growth. It is also an antioxidant and along with helping out hair and skin, it can help ward of colds and illness.
- Vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 has a component in it that gives our hair color. It helps with hair loss and can be found in liver, eggs and cereal.
- Vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 is a vitamin that many people swear by. It helps give the body more energy and prevents hair loss similar to vitamin B6. Some people get injections of B12 from their doctor but you can find it in pills, liquids and in foods such as chicken, milk, eggs and other dairy products.
- Biotin. This is not a vitamin most people are familiar with but it can be found in the same foods as vitamin B12. It helps prevent hair loss and has the added benefit of helping against graying.
These are just a few of the vitamins that are good for hair growth. Most of them can be found in healthy foods that you eat, but if you're not getting enough of these vitamins, then you can always find them in stores or at your doctor's office.