You are standing in front of your closet wondering what to wear with those brown pants or skirt. The choice may be obvious to some but is painstaking for others. Coordinating brown into a wardrobe can be tricking. It has as much to do with the hue and shade of a color as it does the color itself.
- First let’s look at the things to avoid. Try to avoid another shade of brown, just because they are both brown does not mean they go together. Avoid bright colors such as red, green, yellow, and orange. These colors put with brown can be too seasonal or look like fall foliage. However lighter variations of these colors will work well with brown.
- Lighter colors look good with brown. Beige, shades or light pinks and blues just to name a few. Raspberry, peach, and periwinkle are other good choices.
- Patterns that include brown will match other brown pieces.
- Since brown is a warm color it should be accessorized with gold or bronze. Silver should be avoided.
- Don’t wear black shoes unless they are patterned with brown in them. However, beige, brown, tan, or cream shoes go well with other brown pieces.
If you are totally incapable of matching colors like I am, you may want to ask for help from someone with more fashion knowledge. Luckily my sister is a fashion guru and is quick to come to my aid whenever needed. If you know a snappy dresser ask them for some tips and advice on what to wear with your brown attire.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.