What To Wear With Cardigans
Wondering what to wear with cardigans? Since cardigans button, zip or tie, they tend to lend a more relaxed look to an outfit. Necklines include a V-neck or a coat type neck that is either up to the neck or will cover the neck.
- What shirt to wear with a cardigan. The best neckline for the shirt underneath the cardigan is one that is up around the base of the neck, such as a T-shirt, a light sweater or a dress shirt closed at the top. Keep in mind the color of the sweater when matching a color of T-shirt, light sweater or dress shirt.
- What pants to wear with cardigans. Really, any type of pants in any fabric is acceptable, including jeans. Again, keep the color of the sweater in mind when choosing pants to wear.
- What shoes to wear with a cardigan. Any shoe, from a tennis shoe to a dress shoe, is okay. Keep in mind that if you are wearing a dress shoe, you should wear dress pants as well. If wearing a casual shoe, such as a tennis shoe, you can pair jeans with the shoes.
- What neckwear to wear with a cardigan. Ties or simple chains are great with a cardigan.
- What to wear with a striped, color block or argyle cardigan. Choose the shade or color you like and match the pants to the sweater. Use a white shirt underneath for a finished, casual look.
- If the weather is cold, wear the sweater underneath a leather or dress coat. Again, make sure to match colors properly!
Posted on: Apr. 01, 2010