What To Wear With Cords
Need some help on what to wear with cords? It all depends on where you’re going and what you’re doing. Cords are versatile and can fit most situations, so look at them as the backdrop for your outfit. Like denim, cords in a neutral color will go with almost anything in your wardrobe.
- Wear cords on a casual weekend day. A dark brown pair of cords looks great with a light T-shirt and a denim jacket or flannel overshirt.
- Cords are great to wear out on a casual date. All you need to do is top them with a collared knit shirt, and you’re good to go.
- You can dress up your cords if they’re well constructed and look fresh and new. Wear a collared woven shirt and V-neck sweater.
- Cords are ideal for the holidays. Add a festive holiday sweater, and you’ll stay warm and toasty for any occasion.
- Wear cords in place of jeans. You can wear your cords with anything you’d wear with jeans—from a rock band T-shirt to your favorite collared shirt and sports jacket.
- Cords can look good with most shoe styles. Wear comfortable running shoes or dress them up with shoes you’d wear to work.
- Look crisp and sharp in your cords. Wear fitted shirts and sweaters rather than baggy tops, or you’ll look like a big mess.
- Pair your cords with a soft colored, long sleeve dress shirt for a casual, comfortable look. Dark brown cords with a light blue shirt will get you more attention than you’ll know what to do with.
The best way to know what to wear with cords is to try on outfits to see how they look with other pieces in your wardrobe. If you look good in front of a full-length mirror, then go for it. If you don’t like the way the outfit looks, try something else.