What To Wear On First Date
What to wear on a first date is probably the first thing that runs through anyone's mind when they hear the word "date." It's very important to pre-plan your appearance for that special first date. No matter how you want to think about it, the first date will make or break whether you see that person again.
This article isn't to persuade you not be yourself, but to be the best you that you can be. Dressing for a date will depend on a couple of factors. The first is the time when the date will take place, while the other is the venue of your special meeting. Clearly, you will not want to dress for a fancy dinner if you are going to a county fair!
Here are some steps to think about when pulling wardrobe out of the closet for your date:
- Plan for with the weather in mind; you don't want to be to hot, especially considering what nerves can do to your body. Sweating isn't a turn on.
- Whether you are male or female, too much skin leaves nothing to the imagination.
- If you're going out for a four-star dinner, it might be helpful to call ahead to see the dress code. Nothing could be more embarrassing then under or over estimating what people are expected to wear to that restaurant.
- Wearing white while dining out might also be something to re-consider. Spills happen often, and having tomato sauce land on your nice bright white shirt could be a mood killer, for you anyway.
- Be comfortable. No one wants to hear you complain about uncomfortable shoes or tight pants. It can automatically lead to assumptions about you being a whiner, regardless of what you were willing to squeeze into for that first impression.
Following these tips will lead you to a great and nerve-free first date!