What to wear to a gala is one of those fashion questions that is asked every year. Events can throw you for a loop. There are many questions that arise when trying to determine what to wear to a gala, such as "What is the proper etiquette for a gala","What is in style?","How can I make it my own?" " Where do I come up with the cash and time to purchase the right outfit?" There are gala celebrations for Christmas, retirement parties, charity fundraisers, and so much more.
- Purchase a nice suit. Look for a well-fitting dark suit in a classic style. If you are the frequent recipient of gala invitations, this will take you a long way. A more formal interpretation of a gala outfit would be a suit with silk or satin facings on the jacket and matching silk braids along the sides of the trousers.
- Rent a tuxedo if the event is extremely upscale and you do not want to buy a suit. This is also an option if you have had several invitations in a year and want a change of pace. Formal wear shops have several options and will be properly fitted for the occasion.
- Consider choosing a light weight suit in warmer months for comfort. You can purchase a lightweight dark or light colored suit for a gala in the summer and be comfortable while still wearing the proper attire for a gala.
- Add a white dress shirt to the ensemble. Choose a nice fitting shirt or have a quality button down shirt tailored to your body to give it a more upscale look.
- Wear a black silk tie, or bow tie. As galas typically refer to a black tie affair, this is taken quite literally and black ties are expected.
- Polish your black leather dress shoes. Pair with nice quality black dress socks.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
As Boogie Nights Turns 20, Here’s What You Didn’t Kno...
Fun facts about Paul Thomas Anderson, Dirk Diggler, Rollergirl and more.