What to wear to a gala is one of those fashion questions that is asked every year. Events can throw you for a loop. There are many questions that arise when trying to determine what to wear to a gala, such as "What is the proper etiquette for a gala","What is in style?","How can I make it my own?" " Where do I come up with the cash and time to purchase the right outfit?" There are gala celebrations for Christmas, retirement parties, charity fundraisers, and so much more.
- Purchase a nice suit. Look for a well-fitting dark suit in a classic style. If you are the frequent recipient of gala invitations, this will take you a long way. A more formal interpretation of a gala outfit would be a suit with silk or satin facings on the jacket and matching silk braids along the sides of the trousers.
- Rent a tuxedo if the event is extremely upscale and you do not want to buy a suit. This is also an option if you have had several invitations in a year and want a change of pace. Formal wear shops have several options and will be properly fitted for the occasion.
- Consider choosing a light weight suit in warmer months for comfort. You can purchase a lightweight dark or light colored suit for a gala in the summer and be comfortable while still wearing the proper attire for a gala.
- Add a white dress shirt to the ensemble. Choose a nice fitting shirt or have a quality button down shirt tailored to your body to give it a more upscale look.
- Wear a black silk tie, or bow tie. As galas typically refer to a black tie affair, this is taken quite literally and black ties are expected.
- Polish your black leather dress shoes. Pair with nice quality black dress socks.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.