What to wear with a hat depends upon the type of hat you own. There are many varieties and many styles that will accommodate a hat fashionably. Consider the following guidelines when deciding what to pair with your hat of choice.
- Baseball caps should be worn with casual attire. T-shirts with a long sleeved thermal underneath and a stylish pair of well fitting jeans call for a ball cap. You can also wear a hat like this with most any athletic wear. This usually serves a dual purpose of keeping sweaty hair under control and advertising your favourite team.
- Newsboys are fashionable choices for a man who likes to wear retro clothing. Vests and pea coats work well with a newsboy cap, but with so many fabric choices available a newsboy could also go with a leather jacket, or even a suit.
- Fedoras are for the fashion forward. Hats like these should fit perfectly and be kept impeccably clean. Wear a hat with simple dressy casual clothing.
- Cowboy hats are not only for western, country dressers. Although a nice cowboy hat will look appropriate when wearing a button down with a bolo tie and cowboy boots. It can also work when wearing just jeans and a button down. Athletic shoes generally look out of place when you have a cowboy hat on your head, wear a hat that suits your outfit. Choose dress shoes or the aforementioned boots.
- Beanies are a must have in the winter. Simple ski caps, minus the pom poms and tassles, can be paired with a ski jacket. They are also good for just throwing on with any outfit when it is cold. A plain beanie is good to stash in your glove compartment just in case. Wear a hat for function not only fashion.
Russian hats with all that fur and ear flaps really only work with a nice coat and a boots. Wear a hat like this in the dead of winter when everyone is dressing to protect themselves from the harsh elements, not when half your neighbourhood is only wearing sweatshirts.
- When blowing out your candles, go ahead and put that birthday hat on your friends are pushing at you. Be a good sport. This is one time a year when whatever you are wearing at the time will be fine to wear with a hat, albeit a silly, pointed one.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.