What To Wear To An Interview
Now that you have landed an interview, you may find yourself wondering what to wear to an interview. What to wear is important because, as the old saying goes, “First impressions are everything.” With this in mind, here is what you should wear to an interview:
- Dress conservatively. Regardless of what the organization’s dress code is, what you wear to an interview should be conservative. This should include a dark blue or neutral colored suit with a dress shirt underneath. Make sure to wear a belt too. As for shoes, they should also be conservative. Don’t wear track shoes.
- Make sure that your hair and nails are well groomed. It is important for you to look clean. Remember, you will be judged by the way that you look, as well as what you wear to an interview. For this reason, it is a good idea to invest in a hair cut each month while you are interviewing for jobs.
- Wear a minimal amount of aftershave. When you are asking what to wear when you go to an interview, this will oftentimes get overlooked. However, you should know that it is better to wear none at all but if you must, then make sure you only use a touch. If it is too overpowering, it will not go down well. This is especially true if the person who is interviewing you is sensitive to such things, which you won’t be able to know ahead of time, so now you know the etiquette behind the aftershave you wear to an interview.
- Don’t over-accessorize when choosing what to wear. You should remove your earrings, chains and big rings. Any bags you carry should be small in nature unless you are placing a portfolio inside of it.
- Cover up your body piercings and tattoos. This is especially true if you are applying for a corporate job and consider what you should wear to an interview. While you may be a proud biker or rocker in your spare time, an interview is not the time when you want to show this part of yourself off.