What To Wear With Plaid Shirts
Are you wondering what to wear with plaid? Plaid can be a challenging pattern to incorporate into your wardrobe, but here are some tips that you will help you wear plaid with style.
- Consider wearing plaid with neutral colors. If you’re wondering what to wear with plaid, keep in mind that it tends to look the best with white, black, and gray.
- Avoid wearing plaid with more plaid. You never want to overdo it with plaid. Even if you are only planning on a plaid accessory, the best thing that you can do is opt for something else.
- Be sure to avoid wearing other patterns with plaid. Plaid clashes with stripes, polka dots, and just about any other pattern you can imagine. If you’re trying to decide what to wear with plaid, the best thing that you can do is opt for solid colors only.
- Decide what colors the specific plaid will look best with. Although neutrals are usually a good option, be sure to look at the colors which are incorporated into the plaid pattern. Red and black plaid, for example, will look best with either red or black.
- Stray away from colors which will clash with plaid. While blue and orange generally complement each other, blue paid will not look so great with an orange shirt. When determining what to wear with plaid, keep in mind that uncomplimentary colors should be avoided at all cost.
- Avoid wearing too many accessories. Although there are some accessories which can look great with plaid, such as a watch, there are others which will simply be too much for your outfit. When deciding on what to wear with plaid, it is ideal to stray away from wearing brightly colored or patterned shoes or ties.
Wearing plaid can be very challenging. When determining what to wear with plaid, the best thing that you can do is use your best judgment. If something doesn’t seem to look right with plaid, there’s a good chance it probably doesn’t.
Posted on: May. 12, 2010