Wondering what to wear to a play? There really are no rules for what you should wear to a play, but most people like to take the opportunity to dress up a little when they go out to a play. Here are a few ideas for what you can wear when attending a play. Follow these guidelines and you can't go wrong.
- Wear comfortable clothes. You will be sitting for several hours and want to be comfortable. Choose clothing that fits loose around the waist and doesn't bind.
- Depending on whether you attend an afternoon or an evening performance, choose clothing that is stylishly simple. A good looking suit with slacks or a skirt for an afternoon play is always acceptable, and you can benefit from having a jacket with you in case you become chilly. Wear a little black dress or other "date-type" dress to an evening play.
- If you like being seen, wear bright colors and stylish accessories to the play. There is always an intermission during the middle of the play where people mingle in the lobby. This is a great time to be seen and show off your fancy clothes and new shoes and purse.
- Always bring a sweater or light jacket to the play in case the theater is chilly. Keep whatever you bring along on the smaller side because there is not often a great deal of space in or behind the seats to hang a jacket. Larger, heavy winter coats can be checked at the coat room of any theater.
- Do not wear a hat to a play, unless you plan to take it off before going into the theater. Hats get in the way of other patrons being able to view the stage, and it is very rude to keep a hat on in a theater.
Going to a play is always an enjoyable event, whether you are on a date or with a friend on a Saturday afternoon. Just remember to dress comfortably and wear clothes that make you feel good.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
The Gentleman’s Guide to Online Gaming
Get into FPSs and MOBAs without getting your ass kicked… too much.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.