What To Wear Skiing In Colorado
If you're planning a vacation to the Northwestern side of the United States, you're going to need to know what to wear skiing in Colorado. Whether you're new to the sport or are returning after a long hiatus from the slopes, there are certain things that you should or shouldn't wear skiing in Colorado. Be sure to pack all the right clothing as you prepare yourself to learn what to wear skiing in Colorado.
To wear proper attire when skiing in Colorado, you'll need:
- A ski jacket.
- Ski pants
- Thick wool socks
- A neck gaiter or thick scarf
- Sun block
- Warm gloves
- A hat with a fleece lining
- Long underwear and other thermal gear
- Warm sweater or sweatshirt
- Wear your warmer gear when you're on the slopes. This includes anything with fleece, wool, as well as the ski pants and jackets. Cotton and denim both absorb too much moisture to be any good for you when skiing in Colorado, so leave your jeans and sweatshirts in the hotel room. Wearing the ski gear and wool items will keep you warm while allowing your skin to breathe during long hours of skiing. Furthermore, the hat and scarf will protect your head and neck during those long rides up the ski lifts, which can be quite windy indeed.
- Remember that the sun reflects off of the snow. In other words, be sure to apply some sun block and put on your sunglasses before going out to ski during the day. It might seem counterintuitive, but the sun is actually brighter on the ski slopes than it is at the beach. Be sure to counteract the glaring effect of the reflection of the sun's rays with proper preparation.
- There is also life off the mountain. Despite the fact that the main point of your vacation is to go skiing in Colorado, you can't spend all of your time on the slopes. Many ski resorts in Colorado offer bustling town centers and cosmopolitan shopping districts for interested parties. To this respect, a good pair of boots, comfortable jeans, and a nice warm sweatshirt will go a long way while navigating the blustery streets of these towns and cities.
One of the most time-consuming parts of vacationing during the winter is figuring out what to wear skiing in Colorado. By anticipating the conditions on the slopes and realizing that you're going to spend some time away from your ski gear, you'll find that it's not really that difficult to coordinate your wardrobe for your skiing vacation. Be sure to pack all of your right gear and get ready to have a great time with an unforgettable trip to go skiing in Colorado.