What To Wear To A Summer Wedding
Summertime signals the beginning of long days, warm temperatures, and vacation time, but brides also love this time of year, so you may need to decide what to wear to a summer wedding. If you have received an invitation, don’t stress because summer gives you lots of options for looking your best.
- Remember the venue. As you decide what to wear to a summer wedding, consider the location. You might not choose the same outfit for a beach wedding as you would a formal ceremony in a church.
- Stay away from white. A wedding is the bride’s day, so don’t compete with her by wearing white. With a wide color pallet to choose from, plenty of options exist for finding the right outfit to wear to a summer wedding
- Make a tasteful choice. While deciding what to wear to a summer wedding, err on the side of caution. If an outfit could be considered too short, too revealing, or too tight, make another selection.
- Shimmer is good. Jewel tones, like gold, silver, or bronze, can give any outfit you decide to wear to a summer wedding a little something special. Shoes or jewelry pieces in these shades can create a gorgeous look.
- Add color. Remember that a wedding is a celebration, and color helps convey that sentiment. Find inspiration in the blues of the sea, greens of the landscape, or pinks and reds from flowers.
- Accessorize. To dress an outfit up or down, pick the right accessories. If you are attending a more formal affair, choose dressy jewelry and slingy heels. For a more casual setting, choose fun, flirty extras to add pizzazz.
- Try a floral print. With everything in full bloom, the summer season offers a great time to follow Mother Nature’s lead. Flower prints as a choice of what to wear at a summer wedding enhance the beauty of the festivities.
- Dress up for the evening. If the wedding begins after six, feel free to choose a more formal look. After-five attire can work in any season.
- Consider the heat. During the summer months, the temperature steadily rises. Keep this in mind and don’t add excessive layers when you decide what to wear to a summer wedding.
- Black is back. Once considered off limits for weddings, attendees have another option with black, especially in the evening. If you still find it too dark, add a scarf or wrap in a bold color or attractive print.