What To Wear With A Vest
If you want to impress, learn what to wear with a vest. Seriously men, raise the proverbial bar and start wearing a vest. When worn correctly, a vest will elevate an entire outfit, making you appear both independent and stylish.
- Pair a sweater vest with a plain white T-shirt and a pair of comfortable jeans. If you are in a quandary as to what to wear with a vest, start here. This cozy look is perfect for casual dates. It takes the simple T-shirt to a new level without much effort.
- Make it your thing. Acquire a collection of spiffy vests from the local thrift shop. Make wearing a vest part of your identity. The quirkier the better.
- Add a tailored vest over a button down shirt and dark jeans. The button down can be pin striped, or a solid flattering color. Slide a nice belt on and layer the whole look with a peacoat and loafers. This look will turn you into a mystery man in no time flat.
- Wear a three piece and step out from the sea of suits. Layer a vest over your button down shirt and tie. Slip on your suit coat over your well pressed slacks. Have a pair of shiny oxfords on your feet. Anyone can wear a suit; make yours a three piece and really stand out of the crowd.
- Argyle vests or other patterned vests can be worn with white T-shirts. Be wary of pairing a sweater vest with a turtleneck. That is not a good look for most men. The idea is to look quirky and hip, not stuffy and bizarre. If it is cold, add a sport coat, leather jacket or peacoat as above.
- Walk away from the cardigan. Do not be tempted to put a cardigan over this look. The cardigan is seemingly in the same category as a sweater vest and has the appearance of being interesting, but it is not. Walk away and do not look back.
Posted on: Apr. 01, 2010