Looking for ideas for what to wear to a wedding in March? March is the month when everyone starts thinking about spring again. The snow starts melting (at least in some areas) and spring clothing dominates the department stores. These factors make March a great month for weddings, and with a little planning you’ll be looking good at your next March wedding. Check out these ideas for what to wear to a wedding in March and you won’t be disappointed.
- Read the invitation. The invitation is your guideline for deciding what to wear to a wedding in March. The wedding invitation will tell you if the wedding is formal or casual, what time of day the wedding is taking place and where the wedding will be held. Knowing these three facts will guide you in your decisions about what to wear to the wedding.
- Check the forecast. Depending on where you live, the weather in March can be tricky. March weather can be warm one minute and cold the next. You can count on the temperatures dropping later in the day, so you’ll want to be prepared for all the elements. If you are attending a March wedding, checking the weather beforehand will help you decide if you need to buy a new overcoat. You’ll also know if you should bring an umbrella, preferably a black or solid-colored one.
- A suit is a good option for a March wedding. In this day of casual everything, not all weddings require wearing a suit. For a March wedding, wearing a suit is a good way to stay warm. Plus, you have the option of removing your suit jacket if things start to heat up.
- Consider a long-sleeve, button-down shirt and dressy slacks. Getting dressed up in a suit not your style? Not to worry, you can still look stylish without feeling overly formal or uncomfortable. A long-sleeve shirt will protect you from the March weather and still give you a classy look. Wearing a long-sleeve shirt to a March wedding is also a good idea if you have any body art that you don’t want to be seen.
- Don’t forget your tie. No matter what you choose to wear to a March wedding, remember: the tie makes the man. Your tie should fit your personality and look good with the other clothing you are wearing to the wedding. A bold tie color or print always looks good with a suit. If you are wearing a long-sleeve shirt, consider a patterned tie that complements the colors in the shirt.
- Black tie means you'll need a tuxedo. If you are attending a black tie March wedding, you will need to wear a tuxedo. Complement your tuxedo with a black tie and black cummerbund for an elegant look. Your shoes should be in good shape and shined prior to attending the wedding; consider renting shoes if yours won't do for a formal occasion. A black tie optional wedding in March means you can choose to wear a tuxedo or opt for a dark suit.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.