What To Wear For A Winter Graduation
Knowing what to wear for a winter graduation can be challenging. Graduation in the winter is a time for celebration the same as any season. It is also a rite of passage for you as you bloom into manhood. It is the turning point to becoming not only an adult, but a professional adult. One door is closing and another huge door is opening. Since it is likely to be cold out, layers will be necessary to stay warm throughout the ceremony. You should dress depending on weather conditions and circumstances for a formal occasion such as this. Here are some ideas for proper dress for a winter graduation:
- A sophisticated collared shirt, such as a polo, along with slacks is a nice combination for a winter graduation. Make sure the shirt is tucked in and ironed.
- Any dress or casual style pants are acceptable; however,denim is not recommended.
- A sweater with a button up shirt underneath, along with slacks is the most preferred for men at a winter graduation. It gives a classy and sophisticated feel.
- Always wear closed toed shoes. No sandals or flip flops should be worn. Not only are they too cold for a winter graduation, they are also less classy.
- Finally, top it off with a nice overcoat or jacket. The overcoat or jacket should match the ensemble you are wearing.
Since it is generally cold out for winter graduations, the important thing is layers. Staying warm is just as important as looking good. Even though a winter graduation may be cold, there are still plenty of ways to keep warm while looking amazing.