What To Wear For Winter
Knowing what to wear for winter is a great advantage. Wear for winter can be both practical and fashionable. No other season has accessories as a fashion norm that also have the practical application to help keep you warm. Next winter, try these fashion tips.
- Scarves Scarves can show your individual personality. With many colors, patterns and textures, you can mix and match scarves to your winter outfits. This accessory helps keep your neck warm from cold and snow.
- Gloves Choose from fingerless gloves, leather gloves, knitted gloves, mittens, or the fingerless glove/mitten combination. There are a plethora of styles in gloves alone. It's important to keep your hands warm to ward yourself from the chilly winter air.
- Jacket Winter jackets can be very fashionable. Pea coats, usually made of wool, are a heavy jacket that was originally worn by sailors. Today, the pea coat style can be worn by many individuals, women and men, and can make you look classic and professional. Many styles and insulated jackets can be worn for active or leisure. The North Face and Columbia are just some of the brands you can choose from.
- Long johns Long johns, or long underwear, is an extra layer of clothing to keep yourself warm underneath your winter outfit. Long johns consist of long pants and long sleeve shirt and are usually a plain color like white or black.
- Hat Knitted beanies are great hats for winter. Conserving your body heat comes from the head and toes so its important to keep your head and feet warm to prevent from hypothermia.
- Snow boots Keep your feet warm when you walk around the snow by wearing snow boots. These waterproof boots are a must for colder climates. Whether you're just going out of your house to shovel snow, or going up to the mountains, wear snow boots.
Grab a cup of coffee or hot chocolate and warm up near the fire after an outing in the snow. Winter means more layers, but the more layers you have, the warmer you'll be.