Do you want to know more about wheat germ's benefits? Wheat germ is one of the most nutrient-rich parts of the wheat, is found in whole wheat products, and contains vitamins and nutrients such as B1, B2, B3, E, folic acid, calcium, phosphorus, zinc, copper, iron, and fiber. In order to get the health benefits of wheat germ, it's important to eat at least three servings a day of whole wheat versions of breads, pastas, and other wheat-based foods. Here are the health benefits of consuming wheat germ:
- The fiber in wheat germ helps keep the digestive tract healthy. Fiber is a natural laxative. This means that one of the benefits of wheat germ is that it helps protect against constipation, diverticulitis, and colorectal cancer.
- Whole grains keep your heart healthy. Eating whole grains substantially lowers the levels of cholesterol in your blood. This helps prevent cardiovascular diseases like heart attack, heart disease and stroke.
- Wheat germ lowers your chance for developing type 2 diabetes. Some studies show that eating whole grains regularly lowers your risk for this disease by as much as 21 percent. If you already have diabetes, wheat germ is a healthy carbohydrate choice that can help control the disease.
- The B vitamins in wheat germ have the benefit of regulating your metabolism. This can help you maintain a healthy weight. These B vitamins also help keep your nervous system healthy.
- The magnesium in wheat germ is important for a healthy immune system. It also helps build strong bones and muscles.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …