Trying to figure out where are the spark plugs on a 2003 Volkswagen Jetta? Well, consider yourself not alone. To even those that are familiar with cars, the spark plugs seem hidden for some odd reason. The location of the spark plugs are actually listed in the owner manual, but unfortunately for many vehicle owners, the manual is rarely included with the vehicle. Following this simple tutorial, you will be a pro in no time and able to answer the question of, “where are the spark plugs on a 2003 Volkswagen Jetta?”
- Volkswagen Spark plug tool remover
- Needle-nose pliers
- 12” ratchet extension and ratchet
- 5/8” spark plug socket
- Torque wrench
- Apply the parking brake. The parking brake is engaged to prevent sudden movements. Make certain the transmission is also in neutral. This will allow the spark plugs on a 2003 Volkswagen Jetta to be located safely.
- Remove Torx screws. Open the hood, find the Torx screws located on the passenger side engine cover and remove them. After removing all screws, take the engine cover off.
- Locate the Volkswagen Emblem. Once you identify the emblem, locate the screw next to it and remove it. Then, remove the engine cover located on the driver side. Now you are one-step closer to finding out where the spark plugs on a 2003 Volkswagen Jetta are.
- Label all wires appropriately. Before removing anything else, you must ensure the wires have the proper label. If you must, you may even draw a diagram of the wires before you remove anything else. An easier method to do this task is by wrapping clear tape around each cord and labeling them appropriately with a black felt tip pen. The next step will show you where the spark plugs on a 2003 Volkswagen Jetta are.
- Label all spark plugs. You may now label the spark plugs based on their related wires. Caution is extremely precious in this step because having the wrong wire in the wrong spark plug will damage the engine considerably.Now that you are able to answer the question of, “Where are the spark plugs on a 2003 Volkswagen Jetta?”, many will consider you the expert on locating the Volkswagen spark plugs.