Where to buy spermicide is one of the questions that will occur to anyone considering this method of birth control. Luckily, there are a few options available, each with their pros and cons. Spermicides come in several forms which include foam, liquid, film and gel.
A few places where you can buy spermicide are:
- The pharmacy. Most pharmacies will carry at least one or two options. One pro of buying at a local pharmacy is the chance to read the packaging before you buy the product, so that you can be sure that the form of spermicide you are look at is the right choice for you. On the con side, some pharmacies keep all birth control products behind the counter. While there is no reason to ever be embarrassed when buying contraceptives, it is inconvenient to have to wait for the pharmacist to have time to get the product for you.
- Mass retailers. Most of these stores have a pharmacy area. On the pro side, big box stores often have the lowest prices you will find locally. However, one of the cons is that their selection of products may be smaller than other types of places where you can buy spermicide.
- The internet. There are many sites where you can buy spermicide online. With the large number of sites offering contraceptive products, you will have access to a wider range of products than you can hope to find locally. You can also often read reviews of products to help decide which one might be the best for you. The only downside is that buying through the Internet takes time, so, you it's not practical to order your contraceptives today when you are planning on getting busy tonight. However, with a little pre-planning, buying spermicide online can be the most cost-effective way to get the product you want.
- Spermicides do not protect against STDs. In fact, spermicides can cause vaginal irritation, which can make STD transmission more likely.
- While spermicides can be used alone to protect against pregnancy, using them with condoms makes them more effective.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…