If you’re planning a trip to the Italian capital, you’re probably also wondering where to find the best pizza in Rome. After all, with the possible exception of the Vatican and the Colosseum, food is probably Rome’s number one attraction.
- Acchiappafantasmi. Fodor’s and other leading tour guides claim that this is where to find the best pizza in Rome. Acchiappafantasmi: Via dei Cappellari 66, Campo de' Fiori, Rome +39 6 687 3462
- Volpetti. The pizza at Volpetti is so popular that you might have to wait in line to get a table. Volpetti:Via del Governo Vecchio, 114, Roma – 06 686 1617
- Da Baffetto. This is where Romans go to find the best pizza in Rome. It is one of the city’s most popular restaurants. DaBaffetto: Via del Governo Vecchio 114, Navona, Rome +39 6 6861617
- Da Vittorio. Da Vittorio specializes in Neapolitan, rather than Roman, style pizza. Da Vittorio: Via di San Cosimato 14/a, Rome
- Dar Poeta. Dar Poeta is located in Trastevere, one of the leading neighborhoods where the locals come to find the best pizza in Rome. Dar Poeta: Vicolo del Bologna, 45, Roma +39 6 588 0516
- Est! Est! Est! dei Fratelli Ricci. This family-run establishment has been serving up delicious Roman pizza pies since the 1930s. Est! Est! Est! dei Fratelli Ricci: Via Genova 32, Rome +39 6 4881107
- La Gallina Bianca. Termini Station is right down the street from La Gallina Bianca, where you can find some of the best pizza in Rome. La Gallina Bianca: Via A. Rosmini 5, Esquilino, Rome +39 6 4743777
- Giacomelli. Giacomelli is especially recommended for its vegetarian pizza. Giacomelli:Via Faà di Bruno 25, Rome
- Panattoni. More than one local will tell you that Panattoni is the place to go to find the best pizza in Rome. The deep-fried codfish isn’t bad, either. Panattoni: Viale Trastevere 53-57, Trastevere, Rome +39 6 5800919
- La Montecarlo. La Montecarlo is a good bet if the Pizzeria Da Boffetto around the corner is crowded; the owner’s daughter runs it. La Montecarlo: Vicolo Savelli 12/13, Rome
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.