Volunteered to bring dessert to the office potluck and need the perfect white cake recipe from scratch? If you need to impress the big bosses, with a delicious and good-looking cake, this recipe is perfect for you. With a few basic ingredients you’ll be amazed at how easy it is to bake this white cake from scratch.
To make a white cake from scratch you will need:
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups of white sugar
- 6 tbsp of cornstarch
- 1 1/2 sticks of real butter
- 1 1/2 tsp of kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 3/4 tsp of cream of tartar
- 1 1/4 cups of 2% milk
- 3/4 tsp of good quality vanilla extract
- 6-8 large eggs, yolks removed
- cooking spray
- large mixing bowl
- medium mixing bowl
- small mixing bowl
- electric mixer
- two 2×10 inch round can pans
- Preheat and prepare pans. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray each of your baking pans with a non-stick cooking spray, and lightly flour each. If you prefer a less rustic looking white cake, you can line the bottom of your pans with a piece of parchment paper, cut to fit the bottom of the pan.
- Mix the wet ingredients. In a medium sized mixing bowl, beat your butter and two cups of sugar together until they are fully blended and fluffy. Add your milk and vanilla and blend until combined.
- Make the batter. Mix together your flour, baking powder, cornstarch and salt in your large mixing bowl. Carefully pour a little of the wet ingredients mixture into the dry ingredients mixture at a time and blend well. Continue combining the wet and dry ingredients until all of the mixtures are combined and the white cake batter is blended together.
- Add the eggs. In your small mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until they begin to foam. Add the cream of tartar and beat with your electric mixer until soft peaks form. When peaks begin to form, carefully add the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the white cake batter. Do not over mix, or your cake won’t be light and fluffy.
- Pour and bake. Pour the white cake batter into your greased cake pans and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Check the cake after twenty-five minutes to see if it’s done. When the cake is cooked completely a toothpick inserted into the center will come out clean.
- Cool and enjoy. Allow the cakes to cool completely before serving. Frost this tasty white cake with your favorite, made from scratch icing, and serve to eager co-workers. Make sure to let everyone know that you baked the cake from scratch, for additional pats on the back and rave performance reviews.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.