Impress girls and guys alike with your worldly cocktail repertoire at your next gathering with a crisp white wine sangria inspired in the flavorful Spanish original. Made with citrus slices, vodka, lemon soda, and dry white wine, white wine sangria is a refreshing summer alternative to heavier red-wine sangria. Once you've mastered this basic recipe, feel free to get creative with different fruits and flavors. White juices like grape and green apple, gin, orange flavored liquor, and most citrus fruits all combine well with white wines in sangria.
Ingredients for white wine sangria:
- 5 shots Vodka (lemon or citrus flavored work well)
- 12 ounces Lemon or lemon-lime soda
- 1 bottle Dry white wine (Spanish is best, after all, you are making sangria)
- 2 mandarin oranges
- 1 small pink grapefruit
- 1 lemon
- 2 key limes
- 3 tablespoons fine sugar.
- Large glass or plastic jar or bottle with tightly fitting lid
- Serving Pitcher
- Slice the orange, grapefruit, lemon and lime in thin layers and slice them in half.
- Pour the white wine, the vodka and the sugar into a container with a tightly fitting lid.
- Fasten the lid and shake until well-mixed.
- Open the jar, add in fruit slices, setting aside a few for garnish.
- Close the jar and shake the mixture some more to coat the fruit.
- Let sit overnight so that the fruit becomes macerated and the fruit and alcohol flavors mix.
- Shake mixture until well-mixed.
- Put ice in the serving pitcher
- Pour mixture over ice.
- Add soda, stirring it in before serving.
- Use extra fruit to decorate the glasses.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”