Why Do Women Have Affairs?
Men often wonder, why do women have affairs? Infidelity among women is on the rise and has been for quite some time now. The reasons for women having affairs is multi-faceted and can be complicated. Keep in mind that it doesn't have to be a total mystery. While men and women are different, women have affairs for some of the same reasons that men have them.
- Restlessness. Sound familiar? You may not have had an affair, but if you have been married for a while, it's not uncommon for either a husband or wife to feel restless from time to time. Women may feel as though they have everything that they want, marriage, kids and a home, but realize that it's not everything that they want it to be. This is particularly common for women that married and/or had children at a young age. Feeling unfulfilled and restless is one reason why women have affairs.
- Sex. Just like men, women like and crave sex. Even if you have an active sex life, she may crave something new and exciting. It can take a lot of work to keep married sex exciting for many years. If she has fantasies that she would like to experience, and you haven't been amenable, she may have affairs.
- Excitement. Sometimes the reason that women have affairs is because they want some excitement. Even if a woman is clamoring to get married, she may miss the feeling of dating and being pursued many years later. Just the act of having an affair and the chance of getting caught might encourage her to have affairs.
- Resentment. This can manifest itself in many ways. She may not even know that she is having an affair to get back at you for some reason. Whether you have had a rocky relationship, or she is just tired of dealing with parts of the relationship, having an affair may make her feel like she has an escape. If she works hard, and is doing a bulk of the chores around the house, she may have a lot of underlying resentment against you.
- Attraction. Some women have affairs simply because they are attracted to someone else and would like to be involved with that person. That is harsh, but true. She may already have one foot out of the marriage and this is an easy transition to doing just that.