Why Eat Healthy?
With the stress of a busy life filled with work, family, friends, errands, and more, you may be wondering why eat healthy and add more time and effort into an already jam-packed day. It may be easier to hit up a fast food restaurant for three meals a day, but your body will begin showing the effects in extra pounds almost immediately, and your energy levels and focus will begin to drop as well. When you choose to eat healthy, you’ll discover that a multitude of positive health benefits will being to occur for not only your body, but your mind and soul, too.
- Lookin’ good. When you eat healthy and hopefully incorporate exercise into your weekly routine, you’ll find that your weight stays in a healthy range much easier. Eating a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, lean protein, and whole grains will keep you lookin’ good for many more years to come.
- Keep the doctor away. Fast food is pretty much nutritionally devoid, and so are almost all of the snacks and “meals” you can find at a gas station. Choose to eat healthy instead, and your internal health will thank you. When you eat fruits and vegetables, you are consuming nutrients and antioxidants that are not only great for you, but might also ward off debilitating, and sometimes deadly, diseases. Keep the doctor away by eating healthy!
- Restore your energy levels. Five pieces of greasy pizza for lunch might sound great now, but how do you think you’re going to feel for the rest of the day? Swap the pizza for a sandwich piled high with low-fat deli meat and vegetables on whole wheat bread, and pair it with a salad or fruit for a side. You’ll find that you stay more alert, focused, and energetic for the rest of your day. Restore your energy levels by choosing to eat healthy every day!
- Better sex. People who eat healthy tend to have a better and more active sex life than those who choose high-fat and high-calorie meals. This could be due to the way you feel after eating a meal that’s bad for you. Bloated, sluggish, and overly-full are not sexy adjectives conducive to good sex. Eat healthy and maybe your bedroom activities will benefit, too.
- Age like fine wine. If you want to get better with age, choose to eat healthy starting now. From healthier skin cells to warding off age-related disease, eating healthy can ensure you stay as healthy as possible, for as long as possible.
If you want to look and feel better, eating healthy is the way to go. Start by making dietary changes slowly; possibly even by just one meal at a time until you feel you’re ready to go full-throttle. Splurging on your favorite bad-for-you-foods is definitely okay in moderation, but make sure you’re eating healthy for the most part on a daily basis and you’ll start to reap benefits you can both see physically and feel internally.