It takes a lot of practice and determination to regularly win a Motocross race, but there are some tried and true tips for doing it even if you’ve never done it. Instead of going into each race unknowingly, it helps to have a bit of know-how for what you’re about to experience. If you’re ready to ace a Motocross race, read on!
To win a Motocross race, you will need:
- A Motocross bike
- Registration for a race
- You must first get as physically fit as possible for the race. Because being in a race for Motocross requires physical endurance and strength, you’re going to need to work out in your off time. Cardio and strength training workouts are recommended for Motocross riders.
- When racing, avoid getting tangled in the first curve. Because riders start out together in a race, it’s very common for the Motocross riders to get hung up on the first curve. To avoid this, make sure you keep your distance from the pack. It’s possible that one or two will crash, and you don’t want to be one of them.
- Don’t get overly confident. So you’ve been ahead for awhile, and it doesn’t seem like anyone is going to be passing you any time soon. You might feel a little overly confident due to this. Because the tables could turn at any time, don’t get cocky or overly confident. Don’t try anything fancy or let your concentration loose. If you’re in first, ride as if you’ve got second place right behind at all times.
- Get a good feel for the track before you race it. Maybe you’re racing a track you’ve never been on before. Your job beforehand is to get a basic feel for the track by looking it over and walking it (if possible). You don’t want any surprises that could potentially mess you up while you’re in the middle of a race.
- Grip the bike with your legs. This tip goes hand in hand with getting physically fit. You will have much more control over your bike if you grip it using your legs. It will take the strain off of your upper half, allowing your hands and arms more leverage for steering.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert ...
What Makes Men Attractive to Women
What women want—confidence, a sense of humor and abs.