Windows 7 Features
Are you wondering about the new Windows 7 features? Microsoft introduced the new operating system in the early part of 2010 before releasing the product in October of 2010. This new operating system has the stability of popular Windows XP, while using some of the same visual effects in less than stellar Windows Vista. Some of the new features that have marked Windows 7 as one of the best operating systems from Microsoft include -
- Home Group - Users can now easily share files, documents, music, pictures, and printers with other Windows 7 computers.
- Jump Lists - Quick access to favorite websites, documents, or pictures right from the taskbar. Right click on an icon to see the most used and most popular items.
- Snap - Resize your windows so you can have a literal split screen. Great for those with only one monitor or large screen monitors.
- Taskbar - The taskbar is one of the major changes to the Windows operating system. Programs can now be added or removed, creating a personal taskbar for each users and with the jumplist, favorite sites and files can be easily accessed.
- Play To/Remote Media - Media can now be played to other PCs, stereos, or TVs, and with Remote media, they can be played even when you aren't at home.
- Windows Touch - With the new touchscreen interfaces, use Windows 7 on a touch screen monitor.
There are many other different Windows 7 features that make this new operating system so robust and popular. There's 64-bit support, more customization with gadgets, themes, and backgrounds. Again, performance has been highly noted, in comparison to the memory and processor hog of Vista. Knowing more about Windows 7 features will help you in deciding if this operating system is the one that should be on your computer.