This Windows 7 training guide will be useful for discover some functions of Microsoft's newest operating system. It will help you become familiar with operations that you need to use, and show you some tricks that are easy but very helpful.
In order to use Windows 7, you will need:
- A pc with, 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit), 16 GB available hard diskspace (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit), DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- Windows 7 OS installed
- Alt-tab to switch windows. Instead of going down to the task bar to switch the different programs that are running on your Windows 7 machine, this will save you time. You will also get a small thumbnail for the window that you would like to open, even for programs with multiple windows (like Google Chrome).
- Super-key (Windows key) + L for a locked computer. If you want to quickly hide the screen, or lock the computer while you run to the bathroom, using this shortcut will make it incredibly easy. You will not have to go through the start menu, and your computer will still be yours when you return.
- FTP through an Folder window. To upload and download files to a website, you don't need an extra program. Windows 7 has a built in optOpen an explorer window, which is a window that will show you the contents of a folder. In the bar at the top, click at the end of the bar, and you will be able to type. Type in "ftp://websitename" and you will be prompted to enter a username and password. Enter them into the prompt, and you will be able to use this folder window like any other.
- Windows Media Center. Windows Media Center will allow you to use any media on the Windows 7 comuputer through other computers that are equipped with the program, as well as your XBox 360. To set up Windows Media Center, you will need both devices set up to your home network. Then, you will have to set up file sharing through the options on your computer. Make sure that you are only selecting files that you want everyone with access to the Xbox to view, as it will be able to see all the pictures, videos, and music available. You can now access all your media through the Xbox!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …