Figure out exactly what Windows 7 can do with this Windows 7 Tutorial. Windows 7, the follow-up to Windows Vista, has tons of neat little tricks that not many people would know without looking them up. Windows 7 is just all around more user friendly than other versions of Windows.
For this Windows 7 Tutorial, you will need:
- A computer with any version of Windows 7 installed
- Window shaking. This new feature of Windows 7 is an easy way to get rid of a completely cluttered screen. If you find yourself having too many windows up at a time, grab the one window you want to focus on by the top bar. Now, start shaking it. You may feel dumb and think this is a trick, but its not. The shaking will minimize all the windows you have open except for the one you shook.
- Drag to fit. This Windows 7 tutorial will help maximize monitor space when using multiple windows. If you drag a window to either the left or right side of the screen, it will snap into place, taking up exactly half of the screen. This is a great way to avoid the awful diagonal dragging of old Windows versions.
- Transparent windows. This Windows 7 tutorial is pretty nice if you need to look at your desktop quickly without minimizing everything. If you hold down the Windows key and press the space bar, every window you have open will become see through. This is great for people that have a lot of widgets active that they need to check.
- Magnify. This will do exactly what it suggests: Magnify the entire screen (not just the window). If you hold down the Windows key and press "+," you will zoom in. To zoom back out, hold down the Windows key and press the – button.
- Windows shuffling. Finding things that are already open in old versions of Windows could be a pain sometimes, but this Windows 7 feature makes finding open programs a breeze while also looking quite smooth. If you hold down the Windows key and press tab, all of your open files will be displayed in a titled-style view. If you keep pressing tab, the files will switch order. You can easily get to any file you have open with this method.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…