Winter Olympic Events
The best winter Olympic events involve speed, precision and acrobatics. Audiences love to watch athletes soar, leap, twist and turn in the snow and ice. People are also thrilled when athletes perform the most dangerous feats in Olympic games.
- Snowboarding People like to watch snowboarding as one of the top Olympic events because it fast and thrilling. The tricks that athletes like Shaun White perform seem to defy gravity. These athletes are constantly adding new tricks to keep a competitive edge.
- Skiing Like snowboarding, skiing has specific moves that people love to see and when athletes flawlessly perform the most difficult moves, they raise the performance bar even higher. Speed in combination with thrilling turns makes this one of the most exciting winter Olympic events.
- Ice skating Watching sexy athletic skaters gracefully spin and leap on slippery ice makes ice skating a keeper as one of the best winter Olympic events. Like in many winter Olympic events, some of the athletes are considered celebrities and are sought after to promote a wide range of goods and services.
- Hockey Some people say that this game is cut throat, but that makes it even more exciting to watching, qualifying it as a great winter Olympic event. Again, the speed and competiveness are major factors as to why crowds gather to cheer on their favorite hockey teams.
- Speed skating For fans who like pure speed, speed skating is the greatest winter Olympic event. Apolo Anton Ohno from Seattle has thousands of fans cheering him on. This medal-winner from Seattle was also a 2007 winner in "Dancing with the Stars."
Posted on: Apr. 22, 2011