If you are a political junkie or just want to learn about people in politics, you need to know about women in politics. The days of male-dominated politics are coming to an end. More women are making political headlines every day. Read on to learn more about fascinating women in politics.
- Hillary Rodham Clinton Arguably one of the most powerful women in the world, Hillary Clinton has been in the political scene since her husband, Bill Clinton, became the governor of Arkansas. Of course, she became nationally known when Bill Clinton became the president United States. While she was first lady, she led many bipartisan efforts to improve the lives of children. History was made in 2000 when she became the very first First Lady to because a senator in the United State Senate. Clinton currently holds the power position of Secretary of State.
- Sarah Palin If you do not know this woman in politics, you must have been in a coma for the past few years. Like Clinton, Palin, also made history. Palin made her mark in history when she became of the first woman governor of Alaska. She made history a second time when she became the first woman to run on a republican presidential ticket. Love her or hate her, many politicians on both sides of the aisle believe Palin can rally the republican base like no other politician in recent history. Palin currently works as a political commentator for Fox News.
- Nancy Pelosi Some see her as a villain while others view her as a hero. Nancy Pelosi became a household name when she led legislation for the now famous health care bill. Pelosi has been a member of the United States House of Representatives since 1987. Democrats across the county were delighted when Pelosi because the first woman Speaker of the House in 2002. Since entering the House, Pelosi has spent much of her time fighting for causes such as family planning programs and health insurance for people with disabilities.
- Michele Bachmann Bachmann often makes waves within her own republican party when she goes against the majority of her party. She is from Minnesota and started her political career as a member of the Minnesota State Senate in 2000. She is currently a member of the United States House of Representatives. Bachmann is known for being a staunch conservative and for trying to change the ways of Washington. Before entering the political field, Bachmann worked as a federal tax litigation attorney.
- Mary Landrieu Most members of the United States Senate would agree that Mary Landrieu is a strong woman in politics. In fact, Landrieu was named one of the most effective legislators by a nonpartisan group. Since she is from Louisiana, she consistently pushes for legislation dealing with helping the gulf recover from devastating hurricanes Rita and Katrina. She is also currently the chair of the small business committee.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Meet Madeline Brewer, Netflix Princess
The Orange is the New Black and Hemlock Grove beauty discusses fitness and dating.
The 5 Types of Beer You Should Know
Get familiar with these basics, and you'll be ready to rule the craft-beer universe.