When someone you care about is going through a tough time, you need words of encouragement for a friend, but you might not know what to say. With these wise and thoughtful words, you can help a friend in need.
- "When one door closes another door opens, but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the ones which open for us."
- "If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down." Silent screen legend Mary Pickford offered these encouraging words. It isn't the getting knocked down that matters, it's getting up.
- "What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly." Richard Bach wrote the popular inspirational novel "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" among other novels and sees the life-changing events make your friend into what she is destined to be. Embracing the changes, even if they are painful at the time, is the only way your friend can truly grow.
- "When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." Harriet Beecher Stowe, who wrote "Uncle Tom's Cabin," gave some sage advice for when things seem hopeless. Stowe was an activist in the fight against slavery, which at times seemed futile, but she kept pushing on. These are beautiful words of encouragement for a friend.
- "One has to remember that every failure can be a stepping stone to something better." That is what KFC founder, Col. Harland Sanders said when things did not go as planned. Sanders was turned down many times while trying to sell his now-famous chicken recipe. That is some finger-licking good encouragement.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …